- Wirex launches first-ever multi-currency accounts in Europe
- EBA publishes its Roadmap on Fintech setting out priorities for 2018/2019
- David Thorburn to join Barclays UK’s Board as Non-Executive Director
- Financial services now paving the way for digital transformation
- MFS becomes the first UK bridging lender to expand into Asia
- Women investors across UK and Europe overwhelmingly back female founders
- CMA announces two senior appointments expired
- FAB responds to media speculation suggesting intent to manipulate the Qatari riyal expired
- Most affordable mortgages in a decade, according to Halifax review expired
- MarketInvoice reaches £2bn milestone for loans to UK companies expired
- Finance industry stops £1.4bn in attempted fraud expired
- Goldman Sachs’ president and Co-Chief Operating Officer is to retire expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.