- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Lloyd's first half aggregated market profit £0.6bn-combined ratio improves, investment income drops
- Standard & Poor's reports on Monte Rendez-Vous
- LMA launches new report-"InsurTech-led change in the Lloyd’s Market"
- Willis Towers Watson report says 71 InsurTech funding transactions in second quarter a record but $579m invested down 20%
- Over twenty insurance sector start-ups set to unveil their intention to form an alliance known as Insurtech UK.
- Accenture survey indicates financial services firms are closing the gap on cyber attacks, having stopped four in five of all breach attempts last year expired
- RMS and Cambridge Centre for Risk Studies(CCRS) announce the release of a new Data Definitions Document v1.0 for 14 different classes of insurance exposure which covers an estimated $554tr of total insured limits globally expired
- Willis Towers Watson announces Property Quantified, a first-of-its-kind technology platform to help organisations analyze potential property losses across a global portfolio with the aim of optimizing risk transfer and insurance strategies expired
- CII reduces gender pay gap expired
- ABI commissions new report-"Tackling the gender seniority gap: what works for the insurance and long-term savings industry" expired
- SSP becoms a signatory of both the Inclusive Behaviours in Insurance Pledge and the Tech Talent Charter expired
10th January 2018
Coulson appointed CUO of Fidelis Underwriting
Fidelis Insurance has announced the promotion of Richard Coulson to the position of cuo of Fidelis Underwriting Limited(FUL). He takes up this role with immediate effect and will report to Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL.
Coulson joined Fidelis in June 2015 as head of Specialty and was promoted to director of FUL Underwriting in 2017. Prior to that, he served as executive director of Political Risk, Structured Credit and Surety at RK Harrison. His early career was spent at MMC Capital and Marsh, where he focused on structuring alternative risk transfer, and captive solutions. After Marsh, he spent three years at Hiscox underwriting the company’s space and satellite and offshore energy books–winning the Hiscox Award for Innovation whilst there, before returning to broking and serving as a partner at JLT, specialising in Credit and Political Risk. . Coulson was elected a fellow of both the Chartered Insurance Institute and Chartered Institute of Risk Management eleven years ago and during his career has also won the IRM Award for Risk Analysis excellence and an ABI Young Insurer of the Year award–recognising his work on developing innovative new products within the insurance industry.
Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL, comments “Rich has ably demonstrated his underwriting acumen and a talent for developing innovative products. He has been integral to the success and growth of FUL’s business. I am delighted to confirm his appointment to this role.”
Fidelis Trends(15 articles)